Search This Blog

Monday 23 September 2013

Week Three, 16th - 20th Sept 2013

I had a fantastic opportunity to sit in on a community project meeting this evening. It saw the inception of a community committee to run an archaeological project on Bartonsham (Row) Ditch which is to be funded both by English Heritage and the Lottery Heritage Fund. It was great to see how a community project develops from a spark of an idea into a working project and I feel lucky to have been a part of this, even if I was just spectating. It is useful for me to know how projects come about and how they develop as part of my placement and I will be keeping a keen eye on this since I am a resident of this community myself. I hope that my work with the nearby scouts can play some part in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment